Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sleep Independence Day

Last night was pretty incredible in terms of sleep.

When I put Andrew down in his crib, drowsy but awake, he didn't cry to be picked back up right away.  Instead he spent a half and hour wriggling around, settling and resettling, trying to find the perfect position in which to fell asleep.  The only time he got upset was when I left the room for a minute, to see if I was distracting him too much.  He didn't even need much patting or back rubbing, or cheek stroking.  Mostly he just wanted to hold my hand and know I was there.  And then finally, he drifted off to sleep... all by himself.

And then, if that wasn't crazy enough, when he woke up at 12:30am, I merely rubbed his back, said "night night," and held his hand and he drifted right back off.  Then at his feeding wakeup at 2am, after he took the bottle, he rolled over and groped for my shirt.  He didn't cry or ask to be held.  It took another half hour for him to find a position he liked, but... he did it again, to sleep all by himself with minimal intervention from me.

Looks like he may become an independent sleeper before his sibling arrives after all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment