Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hope Springs Eternal

I know now that this house was meant to be mine.  Why?  There were daffodils here waiting for me!!!


My favorite!  They are such a happy flower - it's hard to be sad when you have daffodils.  And they bring such hope.  I found these guys last week poking out from the snow after the last storm.  If that's not hope and determination, I don't know what is.  I've been meaning to snap a picture of them all week (and in better light), but there's 2-4 more inches of snow in the forecast, and I wanted to get them while they were still in their first bold bloom, unwithered by the cruel Colorado spring weather.

It did turn cold when the sun went down - that snow's a-comin'.  My wonderful hubby had a fire burning when I got home:
Ahhh cozy perfection.  And saving on the propane bill.

Before I go, how about some more deer?
This one was from last Thursday when they were chowing down by the propane tank when i got home from work.  They were also about on Saturday afternoon, before Travis got home from his trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment