Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Haircut

My husband had been hassling me to cut the boy's hair since he was about 10 months old, and I was like, "Babies less than one don't need their hair cut!!"  But I had to admit that as the weeks rolled by, he was looking rather hobo-like, especially with it coming over his ears.

We made it past his first birthday, but just barely.  He looks SO grown up now with his new 'do, it kills me.

It turned out a touch crooked in the front, but it's not bad for my first effort, especially on a squirmy worm who didn't want it done!

Before: shagmeister

Here we go... sucking on a washcloth makes it better

Wetting the hair down


That wasn't so bad, was it?

Aftermath

The back cleaned up real nice - no more rattail!

After a bath



In other news, I think I can officially tell you that we have a good sleeper.  It only took 11 months to get here, but in the past month, Andrew has begun sleeping through the night with only a wake up (that he can usually handle himself) at 4:30am.  He has also gone to a single, very consistent 2.5 hr nap.  We've had some ups and downs, but for the most part, it's been a month of this, and I'm willing to call it the new normal.


We've also got a ton of new teeth coming, but none that have poked through yet.  It looks like two or three molars and at least one cuspid could be here any day.  (I always say that, and then it's two months before anything pops through.)  Luckily we haven't had any more teething "symptoms," so we're just looking forward to better chewing ability.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment