Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cinnamon Yogurt Muffins (altitude adjusted)



So, this seems silly.   This is a fantastic recipe from my childhood that I got from my mom (it originally came our of our church/school cookbook in 1991) and then I keep forwarding from email address to email address so that I don't lose track of it.  I would like to pin it to Pinterest, but... apparently it needs to be on the internet already.  You can't put the recipe directly on Pinterest.  LAME.

But anyway, here it is, on my blog, so that hopefully I will not lose track of it again.  And hereafter I will pin it to Pinterest.

Also, I finally got around to adjusting the recipe for my elevation (~7000ft), using Susan Purdy's quick and easy adjustment guide at http://www.highaltitudebaking.com/adj_recipes.htm.  If you live at anywhere over 3000ft of elevation and would like to improve your baking, I can't recommend her book, Pie in the Sky, highly enough.  No pun intended.

Without further ado:

Cinnamon Yogurt Muffins 
(adjustments for 7000 ft altitude in parentheses)

3/4 c. butter softened
1 1/4 c. sugar (1c. sugar)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1c plain yogurt (1-1/4 c. plain yogurt)
2 c flour (2-1/3 c flour)
1 tsp baking powder (3/4 tsp baking powder)
1/2 tsp baking soda (1/4 tsp baking soda)
1 tsp salt 

Cinnamon Mixture:
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
Preparation
Mix together butter (softened), sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add yogurt; blend. Add dry ingredients and blend until all flour disappears. Use paper muffin bake cups or grease cups of muffin pan. Half fill the cups with batter. Sprinkle half of cinnamon mixture over batter. Then fill each cup with remaining batter and top with remaining cinnamon mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes (22-25 mins at 7000 ft) or until golden brown on top. Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment