Thursday, December 5, 2013

One Year Ankle Report

A year ago yesterday I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle - a trimalleolar fracture.

This morning I did the P90X Plyometrics workout, which is an hour of jump squats, jump lunges, and other generally high-impact stuff.

I had the thought back in March, after I started walking and at the beginning of physical therapy that I might never walk normally again.  This was a silly, overly dramatic thought to have, and compared to the physical issues that some others have to deal with, this was a super easy recovery.  Still the thought, the fear, was there, and I had no idea how I was going to get better.

But... I did get better.

And I strengthened and stretched.

And I lost over 30 pounds.

And now, I can only tell the difference between my ankles in a couple ways - balance postures in yoga and when hopping on one foot.

I'm so thankful for my health and recovery.  I don't take my ability to walk or run or jump or stand in Tree Pose for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment