Saturday, January 19, 2013

Eggs

Andrew pronounced the word "egg" mostly correctly.  I feel the need to document this.

Andrew has gotten eggs for breakfast almost every morning since he was about 10 months old.  "Egg" was his 10th word (10/26/12), but he said it with this guttural, wet "gggghhhh" sound in the back of his throat.  (I sort of wish now I had a recording of it, because I can't replicate it myself.)

This morning, he was cooking in his play kitchen, and I said, "Hey Andrew, whatcha makin'?"  He replied, "Gggghhh" - eggs.  Always eggs.

Then this afternoon, he woke up from his nap and brought me a book about the farm to read.  He pointed at the egg on the cover and said very clearly, "egg."  (Well, more like "ogg" actually, but considering where we've been....)  So.. that's it.  I thought he would say "gggghhh" until he went to college, but nope.  My little egg-eater is growing up.

This feels like a big deal for some reason.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get this! Z used to call bananas buckananas! We loved it so much I think we all started calling them buckananas! I was sad when he started calling them bananas. <3

    ReplyDelete